"serodiscordant relationship and unprotected anal sex"

I am positive, partner is negative. viral load is undetectable. my partner would prefer to have unprotected anal sex, with me as the receptive partner, however, I'm concerned about the risk of transmission to him. He thinks the risk is negligible, however, I would like a professional opinion on this.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for the question,

There's a lot of evidence showing that in a "magnetic couple" there can be unprotected sex with minimal risk as long as neither one of you have an STD, viral load is undetectable, and other considerations such as lots of lube being used are observed.

Deciding on whether to take this route is up to you and your partner. Learning more and connecting with other similar couples can be very helpful in your decision too.

Check out our articles on Mixed-Status (HIV-Positive/Negative) Couples for more information!

Hope this helps!

Erik

"What really means direct/ immediate?"
"Did this exposure put me in HIV risk? Please answer!"