The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please please respond very scared

Feb 27, 2012

Hi,I am very scared I had sex with a sex worker and just coming towards the end the condom broke,I pulled out and just started panicking, I washed my penis with water,then I asked her if she was clean and if she'd ever been tested,she said she was fine however I was still very worried so I asked her if she would come with me for her to do an oraquick test,she did,and also I did for her benefit,we both were free from HIV however I am still very concerned that she may have contracted it in the last three months.please tell me do I need to be concerned, as I'm really struggling to come to terms with this,,please please reply and give me your advice. long would the antibodys take to show up on an oraquick test Thanks very much in advance Regards tj

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be too concerned. True, the broken condom was a risk. However, the length of time that you were inside your partner was very brief and her test was negative. You are correct, she might have been in the three month window, but considering that most people will show up positive within 25 days, that window, while not conclusive - is much smaller.

I would go in for a test at the three month mark, just to be sure. I am certain it will come out negative.

In health,


Please would you mind telling us your insident?
A little more than a Lap Dance

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint