nasendoscopy check concerned

Dear expert: I have a nasendoscopy check because of nose bleeding from China. The doctor used the nasendoscopy stuck into my nose and get out of my mouth. What worried about me is that the doctor didn't do any sterilize after use it from another person, and used it IMMEDIATELY for me. My nose was just stopped bleeding and certainly has wound inside the nose soft tissue. what if there has polluted blood on the endoscope and Am I in the dangerous of catching the deasease. Thanks.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Physicians are not in the habit of using unsterile equipment. Any equipment that is used on multiple patients would likely be sanitized first. That being said, HIV does not live well outside of the body. Within a minutes time, the virus becomes unable to infect someone. You would not be at risk in a situation like this.

In health,

Richard

Is oral sex a risk?
angry wife acting out on HIV husband