HIV risk and testing "low risk activities with hiv+ person"

I am writing because I am in a relationship with an HIV + male. We dated for 2 months before he told me about his condition and during that period of time we practiced low risk sexual activities (oral sex). I now tested with a third generation elisa after 6 weeks and resulted negative, but still do not feel well and am very anxious. How reliable is such testing? I am very scared of further testing as the chances of receiving a positive result will be higher.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There are many ways for "magnetic couples" to be happy, healthy, and sexually active together. However, all of this takes open and honest communication between partners.

In terms of testing, a test at 6 weeks will give you a very good idea of your status (although we recommend a 3 month test for certainty). Further/regular testing is important if you encounter any risk. This is more of a fail-safe to make certain of your status over time. Remember to take into account too that constant stressing out can come up physically (such as feeling kinda sickie).

Oral sex is very low risk for HIV providing that oral health is good / no recent flossing or brushing, there are no STDs present, and the HIV+ partner is in treatment / viral load is low. These things take communication with your partner.

For vaginal or anal sex, condom use and trying to become undetectable for the HIV+ partner are very important.

Hope this helps!

Erik

"are condoms trully safe during anal sex"
condoms use