Multiple negative HIV tests, but partners with symptoms after sex "I need help but dont want to worry the ww's here. Please offer me guidence."

Ive never read a story like mine on this website in 7 years. Please give me your thoughts. In March of 2005 i had sex 3 times with man that was believed to be positive by his family.

Im a female who at the time was in perfect health. Maybe a cold every 5 years but nothing ever more then that. I was married but separted at the time. 2 weeks after the last exposure i developed a tingle in the vaginal area that has gone on every day since with no breakouts that i can see. Needless to say a very quick trip to dr where i was found to be positive for Clymedia and tested pos for herpes 2. My dr told me the herpes was not a new infection, the igg levels were to high for a new infection. Scared me a bit, have never had any symptoms at all till then. As i was going trough the treatment for std i developed pid and a horrible case of thrush in my mouth. The trush was confirmed by testing through lab work. At this point my dr and dentist wanted me to go through the 3 month testing window. It was a very long three months where im sure some of my symptoms were anxiety related but not all. The symptoms were all there minus a body rash. Forward about 4 months later. I was completely honest with my husband about all i had been going through. No need to lie, everyone could tell something was going on just from the weight loss alone. After 4 months of symptoms and negative tests my husband and i treid to work things out. I still felt something was wrond but he was going with what the dr's were telling us....everything was ok. I finally broke down and had sex with him using no protection. Within a cpl weeks he felt the same as i. No energy, little weight loss, terrible red eyes. When the weight did return it came back to his belly only. After a couple times of him testing negative, we tried to work through everything but ended up in a divorce. This was the end of 06. Forward to 07......back in another relationship and 5 months down the road he wants to get tested and start having unprotected sex. Against my own thoughts telling me no, i once again got tested along with him, both negative and we started having unprotecte sex. 3 weeks later he broke out in the worst body rash and fever for over to weeks. It was all over him, chest, back, legs, just all over his body. Im a mess at this point and dont know what to do. The fears and symptoms are not just with me at this time. He was told he had a dry skin disorder and the flu. Forward to 09 im in another relationship and facing the same worries. Whats going to happen when he wants to be in a comited relationship and doesnt want to use protection. One year after we meet he proposes. Im in total fear of having unprotected sex. We both test in 09, move on and boom! My body builder husband who is in perfect health is now loosing weight, muscle and is struggling with fatigue. Its now 2012 and we both have no energy, trouble keeping weight on, hair thinning.......etc. I have more problems then he does at this time. My hands and feet kill me at night and morning, cant gain weight, my ears pop every time i swollow, the constant tingke in the vaginal area. Im scared to death what is wrong and if ive infected 2 other people. Please help me with this. I really need some advice. Thanks so much.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for you question,

First, the situation you're describing does not have to do with HIV. Your many tests over the years confirm this.

It's easy sometimes in situations like this to jump to HIV as a culprit, but there are many diseases in the world. Why single HIV out? It might because in an effort to help yourself, that's all you can think of? But the tests are made to be believed!

So all that being said.. It does sound like something's going on. It might be that you're perceiving a change in your partners after have sex with them. It might also be another disease.

Unfortunately, the only way to find answers is to continue conversations with your doctors (consider switching doctors if you have to). However, if when you talk to them I implore you not to dominate with talking about HIV. That will distract from finding the answers you're looking for.

Hope this helps! And good luck in finding relief!

Erik

"Can blood with disease "jump"/transfer from object to object?"
do i need an hiv test?