Multiple negative tests, but difficulty accepting negativity "need your advice"

i have had three negative hit test, one of which was a blood test (EIA i believe) and two oral swab test. Can i be certain these 3 negative test results are conclusive? i did them all well after the testing window period of three months. i want to get tested again, but know i should just believe my 3 negative results. can you please advise me in what I should do. i am going crazy and think i have hit. i am finding it hard not to think back to this incident. i want to move on, but i don't know if my results are reliable. what about false negatives?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Your tests are telling us you're HIV negative. That's just not going to change. All of us here want you to find relief from what sounds like a stress that's really been haunting you.

I can tell you till I'm blue in the face that your tests are reliable, not to worry about false negatives, etc. but if you're having trouble believing me, your tests, or any of the experts here then that's not going to help.

At this point you need to talk to a counselor who can help you develop the skills to manage your anxiety, negotiate daily triggers that get your heart beating, and trust that you have done what you need to do to answer questions about your health.

If you're not ready to visit a therapist right now, consider just collecting the information to call.. so that when you are ready you have everything you need to reach out.

Check out ourAre You a "Worried Well" Person? article. I have a feeling most of it is going to sound familiar..

Hope this helps!

Erik

Inability to consider other causes of discomfort after multiple negative test results "Please respond, I need help."
"Can blood with disease "jump"/transfer from object to object?"