Inability to consider other causes of discomfort after multiple negative test results "Please respond, I need help."

I have tested negative for both HIV and Hep C over an 18 month period. As mentioned in previous posts I am certain now to be suffering from late seroconversion to both of these viruses. My health has deteriorated to the point now that I don't trust the validity of the tests I have had to this date. 1. My liver enzymes ALT and GGT remain elevated, fluctuating along with constant upper right abdominal pains. 2. I have excess gas, bloating, pains in my hands and feet and my skin is incredibly itchy. 3. I have had a headcold ( congestion) for over six months now) along with a sore throat for the past two months. 4. I am extremely fatigued and doing anything remotely physical wears met out right away. 5. I am having extreme nausea. I have had multiple negative HIV and Hep C antibody tests as well as a negative HEP C PCR RNA test 14 months after but as mentioned previously I do not trust these tests to be accurate. What do you suggest at this point? Is there no test available that would be conclusive at this point in time? Any advice, help or suggestions would be appreciated at this time, thanks.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

You are HIV negative and do not have Hepatitis C. The many tests you've taken tell us this clearly.

If I, or any of the other experts here, looked at your list of "symptoms" we wouldn't immediately think "oh yea, that's HIV" or "definitely, Hep C." The question then remains, why do you feel that way when tests, experts, and doctors are telling you otherwise? Is it because you came across some information that said the things you're feeling happen when a person has HIV or Hep C and that was enough for you to go on?

The fact of the matter is that your entire list can be explained by countless conditions and infections. Again, why would your mind go to HIV and Hep C after being told in so many ways that isn't the case?

I'm not denying that there's something going on, obviously you're in discomfort over these unusual things going on with your body. Your job, with your physicians, testers, and a counselor is to get to the source of the issue.

It can't be said enough, but constant stress (the kind you wake up with, carry around during the day, and go to sleep with) can have INTENSE effects on the body.. something to really think about.

Cue tough love: If you can't let go of HIV and Hep C, after being told many times you don't have them, then you're going to be too distracted to get to the real reason your body is in such discomfort!

Hope this helps!

Erik

Supposed "Symptoms common in HIV/AIDS" caused by worry/anxiety
Multiple negative tests, but difficulty accepting negativity "need your advice"