An answer for fingering

Dr. Wohl would you mind if tell us why finally the fingering even with wounds are not dangerous? I am quite confused as on all over the internet i come across with the caution that fingering is dangerous and is one of the ways to contract hiv. I would really appreciate an answer from you. By the way the thing that you all do here in the site is invaluable.

There is dangerous and there is DANGEROUS. This is not dangerous. Look, even having unprotected sex with said lady with teeming virus in her vaginal fluid carries a fairly low risk of infection let alone using a finger. Fingers, unlike penises, are coated with thick skin.

Sure, one can hypothesize about cuts etc but unless we are talking a fresh wound with blood dripping, I am not buying the "I got it from fingering a stripper" line.

Strange ways for infection
would you?