EIA test?

Are EIA test the same as ELISA test? I had an EIA test at 5 months post sexual incident with a man of unknown status. Can I trust this result as being conclusive. Would you recommend further testing? What is the chance of a false negative? Can I move on from this incident? Can I be sure I am negative?

Yes, these refer to the same thing. A negative ELISA (EIA) test several weeks after exposure is proof to me of your not being infected.

As you can read on this site, no test is perfect and if there is continued concern for infection, you can retest at a later date with the ELISA. If that was negative also, I would stop testing. For the truly inconsolable with deeper pockets, a viral load can also be done. A nice new development is a combination ELISA plus p24 antigen HIV test that looks for both the antibodies to HIV and a part of the virus itself. That is about as conclusive as you can get. DW

Can PEP inhibit an herpes breakout ?
Doctor help me please, the third try!