Asking questions but they disappear. Extremely anxious....

I had possible hiv exposure (unprotected anal). Intook a duo test 33 days and again 70 days post exp. both returned negative results. Been having weirdskin blotches which either spontaneously resolve within about 30 mins or go with antihistamine. Gp did routine bloods. All readings were fine except albumin was slightly raised and the total protein was slightly up. This has sent me into a huge panic as i know increased total protein indicates chronic inflamation! usually hep or hiv. If it were hiv surely the 2 ab/ag tests would hve reacted and also i it were hep or hiv surely the other values on the fbc and lfts would have been unusual??

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The results of your HIV tests are likely accurate, since the antigen portion of the test can detect the virus much sooner. However, you must go in for a 90 day anti-body test to get a conclusive result.

As for Hep C, there was certainly a risk, but not a very high one. Unless the incident of anal sex was extremely rough, and there was a lot of trauma to the rectum, I would not be concerned. Hep C transmission is more likely with needle sharing, fisting, and use of extremely large toys.

In health,

Richard

True HIV Negative Result?
chlamydia