|True HIV Negative Result?
Feb 20, 2012
If I received a negative HIV result at approximately six weeks using a rapid test (vials of blood), can I believe it as conclusive? Some experts mention 4 weeks, other 3 months...
What is the likelihood that my result would change to positive in 2 weeks or so?
| Response from Mr. Cordova
When testing for HIV, you must wait three months to get a conclusive answer.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.