Blood in mouth/eye

Hello, I was out on the town for my first time and was leaving the bar after it had closed. I noticed that a man was laying on the ground with a very bad cut on his face (I guess he was hit with a brick). I got down and helped him without thinking about all the blood he had on him. Somehow I not only got it on my hands but I also got his blood on my face possibly in my eye and mouth. I am extremely worried and it is difficult to find the risk of transmission though the mouth/eye with direct blood contact. I did go to the hospital but as I was drinking too that night I didn't get to ask all the questions I wanted to. Now they say to wait 3 months and get tested again (they tested me at the hospital I was negative). For my peace of mind please tell me what you may know of my risk. I also have a fiance that I have been faithful too for 5 years and I don't want to ruin our lives.

Thank you.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The risk from a situation like this would be extremely low. I would not be concerned. I would do a follow up test at the three month mark just to be sure. I am sure it will come out negative.

In health,

Richard

Scared - Dr. Cordova
handjob/blowjob