I Don't Know what to Do.

I had performed oral sex on another man that I met on the internet. We talked for a period of two to three months prior to meeting. We discussed STDs and both said we were negative. I knew I was because I had tested negative a year after my last exposure, but it was with someone I had been with for a long time. When I gave him oral sex I basically licked it and sucked it for a few minutes (probably less than five). I did not see any marks or blisters on his penis. about two weeks later I noticed a bump on the roof of my mouth. I thought it might have been syphillis so I called him and asked again if he had any STDs to which he said no. I asked him a couple of times after this and he still said no and got angry with me asking him which led me to believe he didn't have any, but the bump hadn't gone away. At about 3.5 weeks to a month I went and had STD testing for syphillis, gohnerra,chlymida, and HIV. It was a terrible experience because I had to wait over two weeks for the results because the nurses had to go to training for a week and worried myself to death. When my results came back I was negative, but the nurse told me that some things may not show up. When I asked if I should come back in a couple of months to retest she brushed it off and acted as if I was ok. This has been almost a year ago and I have been getting sick fairly often and had a couple of UTIs which my doc said may have been from the strong antibiotics I had to take. My question is should I retake the test or would it be a waste?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The incubation period for Syphilis can take up to 90 days and it takes 90 days to get a conclusive HIV result as well. Your risk for HIV was low. Oral sex has been and remains a low-risk activity.

If you are concerned, you can go in for a final Syphilis test at the 90 day mark. You do not need another HIV test. Your risk was too low to warrant testing.

In health,

Richard

oh sorry the title
HIV risk in porn shop