re: worried what should i do ?

Hi my name is will and here is my? very worried. i am a male. have gotten massages at different spas since 2009. i have gotten a handjobs after my massages on some occasions provider always used oil and had cleaned me with hot towel prior to doing handjob . i never had any type of sexuall intercourse vaginal,oral,anal etc during these massages. on dec 2011 i went to the e.r with stomach pains they did a c.t scan told me i just had a stomach virus. i had blood drawn and they asked if i liked to be tested for hiv i told them no problem. my test came back reactive on the screen and repeatedly reactive im guessing on the elisa <50.00 . i was also told that the test were confirmed with wb. i have never abused or used drugs or had any exp to getting the virus other than getting a handjob. can some thing in my body cause for a false positive across the board. i was tested in dec 2008 and was neg. i cant make sense of all this. i had a pimple poped in my back in oct 2011 while getting a massage but there was no blood to blood contact. and she used a clean kleenex to wipe the zit. i did have a cycstoscopy done by my urologist on sep28th in which he put a camera in my penis to look at my bladder. thats the only exposures i have ever had. what should i do get retested or have a hiv specialist do more extensive blood test. im at a lost. could i have gotten this from a handjob after a massage? thks for the response shannon . i got one more ? on this subject i went to see hiv specialist one month after the did more blood work and what they said is i have a cd4 count of 716 and i have an virusload is undetecable the antibody do still show up. now knowing my history and lack of exposure . if i had a recent infection meaning the urologist procedure wouldnt my virus load be high . and should the antibody test be repeated at a later date. this is all very weird but true because me and my family are living it. i slept better the other night after what u told me. and i know u are not a doctor but u do have a lot of exp in this . thanks for your help pls respond.

Hi I'm glad I was able to give you advice that led to a good nights rest. As for your situation now, being followed by an HIV specialist is essential. The test in 2008 could have been during your window period, a time when your body hadn't developed the antibodies that would be detected in your blood stream. The possibility of the urologist procedure causing the HIV transmission is very small. I know the feeling you must be having of not sure how this happened to you, but what I can tell you is that you should just focus on the here and now and how to maintain you health. Your blood levels are great!

Taking good care of yourself is of upmost importance, which does include your mental health. I see someone 20 years into this still and having that mental health aspect covered helps me with all the other stuff that life hands to me.

Stay well and be safe,

Shannon

transmission
oh sorry the title