Feb 20, 2012
Hello I am paranoid of getting hiv and my son getting it. two questions:
My son stepped on a burnt piece of glass that looked like the end of a pipe in my friends bathroom is tehre any chance he could get hiv?
When I was at the doctors he was trying to put his hand in a biohazard box. is there anyway? I asked one expert she said no to this question. Any more way to sooth my mind. my son is two years old and very curious and I just want to make sure he is never put at risk
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi I agree with the expert! HIV transmission takes the direct exchange of body fluid with obviously someone who is living with HIV. Both scenarios are good teaching moments of how to take care of yourself, how to wash your hands and clean wounds, but not for transmission of HIV.
Hope this helps!
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.