transmission

Hello I am paranoid of getting hiv and my son getting it. two questions:

My son stepped on a burnt piece of glass that looked like the end of a pipe in my friends bathroom is tehre any chance he could get hiv?

When I was at the doctors he was trying to put his hand in a biohazard box. is there anyway? I asked one expert she said no to this question. Any more way to sooth my mind. my son is two years old and very curious and I just want to make sure he is never put at risk

Hi I agree with the expert! HIV transmission takes the direct exchange of body fluid with obviously someone who is living with HIV. Both scenarios are good teaching moments of how to take care of yourself, how to wash your hands and clean wounds, but not for transmission of HIV.

Hope this helps!

Worry over non-sexual risk for STDs "i know u don't answer everyone but could u please answer mine?"
re: worried what should i do ?