Worry over non-sexual risk for STDs "i know u don't answer everyone but could u please answer mine?"

Hi doctor I'm 22 and I am a male and I'm a virgin I work in an office with other co workers and one of my co workers is very sexually active and has intercourse with many random women like strippers and prostitutes. I know this cause he always brags about it and it really annoys me so now I have a question on my mind. Since he is at risk of contracting STDs can he give them to me With no sexual Contact? Because there is an std that u can get by shaking hands and so he came over to my desk to see something on my computer and he had to use my mouse after he finished I used the mouse straight away after and if he had an std like syphilis and then he used my mouse then I did can I get it ? I also wanked in the bathroom an hr later.

Do u think I'm at risk from him touching my mouse then I did after his infected hands did then I wanked in the bathroom? Thanks for reading.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

First off, you're not at risk from this. I can understand if you're a virgin and new to these things that you probably have a lot of questions about STD risk. The key thing to remember is that sexually transmitted diseases are sexually transmitted. Since you didn't have sex with your coworker, you don't have risk from him. Part of this is because infectious fluid/cells will die out in the open air or just moving through the world will rub it off way before he gets to you.

Check out our Sexually Transmitted Diseases 101 article for some basics on STDs.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Continued anxiety around minor blood contact in martial arts class "touching blood"
transmission