Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Testing after oral sex
Feb 18, 2012

Hello, I received unprotected oral sex and I got an HIV test done 5 weeks post exposure and I got an std check 8 weeks post exposure. All were negative. Can I finally stop worrying about any sort of transmission? I have been going crazy these past few weeks. I'm probably having no symptoms but I feel as though I am.. I can't take it no more. Please help!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Oral sex has been and remains a low-risk activity. I do not suggest testing for incidences of oral sex. If you are going to test, you must wait until the 90 day mark before you can get a conclusive answer. Your five week result was a good indicator of what your 90 test result will be, but if you insist on testing for this incident, you must go in for a final test at the 12 week mark to get a conclusive result.

Previous
I am scared to death
Next
oral sex without condom

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.