ARS Symptoms, Scared to Death

About 7 weeks now after possible exposure w/ women of unknown status. It was one time of protected vaginal sex. I'm scared because I have herpes and my groin area tends to be always *infected* by it. God, so many warning signs I ignored. At around 5 weeks after possible exposure, my neck started to feel odd (irritable, etc), noticed a small bump in the lymph nodes. Was also experiencing headache and mental issues. So, went in to take an Oraquick Adv at approx 5 weeks after expos, negative. Symptoms have persisted and have made an appoint for next friday (8 weeks after possible exposure). My neck is now sore and I've had symptoms: head ache, sore throat, fatigue, irritability, etc. I'm curious to know if I sound like a typical case of HIV? What are my chances I will be 6 feet under at age 30?

Unlikely this is HIV. The symptom associated with HIV infection, although you would not know that from the questions that come into this forum, are transient if noticed at all. That is acute retroviral syndrome goes away and does not linger. Similarly, people do not get infected and get full blown AIDS a month or two later.

So, I suspect you have something else going on. I would re-test again in about a month per recommended protocol. If you can not wait, consider a combo test that looks for HIV antibodies and the p24 part of the virus itself (if that is negative, you are done with testing) or get a viral load. DW

longer ars duration , late seroconversion?
HIV Test