i dont know what is going to happen now

hello, two weeks ago, i had sex with a girl, ( i dont know if she is hiv positive., i did penetration but with (CONDOM) but my worry is , that i did oral sex to her with no protection, and i had a herpes simplex in my lips , i would like to know if i am infected of hiv or if i can get infected.... please dr..

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hell there- Oral sex is a very inefficient way to acquire HIV. The mouth does not contain the type of cells that HIV likes to infect. One study from Europe that followed couples where one person was HIV+ and the other HIV- failed to find a case of HIV transmission despite unprotected oral sex. Even if you have a herpes lesion, risk is still low. If you remain worried you can certainly get tested for HIV, I encourage everyone to be tested. But be assured your risk is low. Take care, LHW

Plz Help Me
anxiety will likk me pls help.