am i infected?????

hi, you guys are doing very good job here. thanks. lisa HIGHTOWN., i would like you give me a honesty answer about it 2 weeks ago i was with a girl, (i dont know if she is hiv+) i had in my LIPS an herpes simplex, and i did oral sex to her and I also did penetration BUT this one with (CONDOM). (QUESTIONS) am i infected if she is hiv+? can i have hiv from her, because of my herpex simple in my lips while i did oral sex to her?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there-

Oral sex is a very inefficient way to acquire HIV. The mouth does not contain the type of cells that HIV likes to infect. One study from Europe that followed couples where one person was HIV+ and the other HIV- failed to find a case of HIV transmission despite unprotected oral sex. Even if you had a herpes lesion at the time you performed oral sex, the risk is very low.

If you remain worried you can certainly get tested for HIV. By 4 weeks after the encounter, antibodies to HIV are detected by standard HIV tests.

Take care,

LHW

2 minutes after inside after condom broke
Symptoms