Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Risk from oral sex
Feb 14, 2012

Hi how are you..... Me I'm not doin so well I'm so scare I had oral sex with a sex worker 4 months ago an I got tested at 3 weeks 8 weeks 12 weeks an 17 weeks all negative the thing that is getting me upset is that I have dirreha , headache an neck pain sometimes but I'm not loosen weight or nothing like that I'm just really scared an the thing is I have a girl friend an I don't know what to do please if you can help me out an let me know what to do an do you think a 17 week HIV test can change at 21 weeks I don't know if this matters but I have p.d.k it is a kidny disease I don't know if that will mess up the test can you help me out thank you so much

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Oral sex has been and remains a low-risk activity. I would not be concerned about incidences of oral sex, nor do I recommend testing in cases such as yours. However, you can get an accurate HIV test at the 90 day mark. Your 12 and 17 week test were conclusive. You are negative. Your PKD would not affect the outcome of your test. If your other symptoms persist, I would suggest a visit to your doctor to rule out other possible causes.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Oral sex
Next
Can Olive Leaf Extract Mask HIV+ Status?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.