Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

martial arts combat and hiv
Feb 13, 2012

Hello dr Wohl. I'm the same guy who asked you days before about getting hiv in a martial arts gym. I had another question you didn't answer so i hope you will do it now because i'm very anxious about it. The same Thai coach we have here (and probably he is hiv possitive) had a bleedy open cut in his finger or knuckle (i don't remember) not very big though but with fresh blood on it (he was scratched on heavy bag). As we were performing a technique he punched me slightly (he was no wearing boxing gloves) and the punch came in contact with my mouth and after my chin. He continued the same and this time he touched my hand wraps where i saw his blood on it (very little). After finished lesson i pulled out my wraps with my hands and put them in the bag but didn't wash my hands (i had a shower since i came back home an hour later). Do you think i'm in danger by this person's acts? Do you think i must go and find another gym where i suppose i will be more safe? The hand wraps are safe to use them again after cleaning them by hand and soap? I think this person is dangerous for all students there (including kids) as as far i've seen he doesn't care for his personal hygenic at all. Thank you very much and sorry for my english again. I hope it makes sense, please i need your advice

Response from Dr. Wohl

This guys just seems gross. I do not think that his acts place you in any danger (other than the fact that he is punching you in the face). But, still, just plain yucky.

Your wraps are fine and are not some sort of bio-hazard.

As to fining a new sensi, probably a good idea base don hygiene alone. DW

Previous
Fingering and wound
Next
6 Seconds getting blowjob

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.