Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

risk is there?

dear doctor Wohl, on 7th day after having protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex from a sex worker i had unilateral periorbital edema which lasted for 3 days. i started having extreme malaise and feverish since then as well. in the meantime i was taking amoxicillin + cloxacillin for the periorbital edema and a rash developed (after 16 days of stopping the meds) on my back and upper chest which were like small mosquito bites. I did not have any fever that time. I never had any sore throat. i had moderate headache and retroorbital pain. All these symptoms lasted for about 40 days (~6 weeks) counting from the day of development of periorbital edema on the 7th day. I had shared food with the sex worker from the same plate and there was exchange of saliva undoubtedly. Do you think sharing food from same dish, unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex has given me HIV? I had all mono symptoms, can it be EBV/CMV/HSV1-2? Can an adult EBV infection be without sore throat? I found in the internet that it can be without sore throat and with early development of peri orbital edema. Also i am confused with the mosquito bite like rash because of amoxicillin in mono or not. The rash was heavily itchy for few nights. Still I have the rash on back and chest after 70 days of the protected sex, though fading out gradually. My fever never went above 98.8 deg F and persisted for 40 days with extreme malaise. I finished a 14 day course of doxycycline 100 mg twice a day for syphilis, chlamydia etc...even if i did not have any relevant lesion on my penis. I know you would suggest to go for an HIV test, still I am asking just to know the risk for HIV in that act i did. Regards.

No way. Oral sex and sharing noodles with a sex worker, even if she was teeming with HIV, would not transmit HIV to you. And, yes, get an HIV test. DW

Losing my job over HIV/is this likely HIV?
Condomn Break with Prostitute - PEP