Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The actually difficulty of contracting the HIV virus!
Feb 13, 2012

I ready when doctor Wohl mentioned in a reply that the virus was not really such an easy one to catch that you need a large amount of inoculum to be placed in the receptive environment ( vagina, anus or blood stream to even be given a chance that infection will occur and even under these circumstances it usually does not. I had a brief encounter as a bottom with a condom not to ejaculation. I then proceeded a the top until climx with a condom. This was my first encounter and I am now worried sick that I could have caught something. Obviously the excitement from my first M/M encounter had the better of me!!

Response from Dr. Wohl

While reading your post, I was waiting for you to conclude that despite this protected encounter and may statement, you became infected, but, fortunately, that was not the case.

You practiced safe sex. I think you are safe. People who use condoms like you did do not get HIV infected. DW

Previous
i know Dr. Wohl but..
Next
Losing my job over HIV/is this likely HIV?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.