Feb 12, 2012
What are the chances of me getting hiv ffrom a thumbtack if the person that got stuck was hiv+ and then i got stuck but there was no blood on the tack?
| Response from Ms. Southall
HI The chances are significantly small. The way it would have had to happen is for the person living with HIV sticks themselves with the thumbtack bleed significantly on the thumbtack and then you would immediately have to stick yourself deeply enough for the blood to enter into your system. If this happened then there would have to be enough HIV present. So you see this is pretty much impossible.
So, is HIV transmission possible yes, Probable NO!!!
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rash After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- How Do You Get Rid Of A Vaginal Staph Infection?
- How Much Does It Cost To Get Tested For Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.