Antibody ELISA Test
Feb 12, 2012
Thanks for having a forum like this. I am with Herpes type 1 and 2. I like to get a HIV antibody ELISA test. What is the best time? 8 weeks past or have to stay till 3 months? I get time to time pimple type raised rash (individual ones not groups) on face and body which goes away within 2 to 3 days. Can this be HIV rash?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi There are many different signs and symptoms of HIV as well as many other infections. Your best bet to be tested and the standard for rapid HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90.
Hope this helps, be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Black Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.