Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Risk during getting tested? "hiv in air, anxiety killing me pls help"
Feb 12, 2012

my problem is that i was having my hiv test in a lab, the physician used new syringe and cotton to clean my vein, then he injected and gave me second cotton just after removing the syringe to press my vein. my concern is that there were drops of blood on the table where he kept the second cotton before giving me. the drops of the blood could be of previous patient assuming the blood hiv+ and the physician kept the cotton on the blood and gave me. (1) can i be infected? (2) should i go for test? the difference between me and the previous customer was 1 minutes. some expert says it takes seconds to deactivate the hiv virus

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

You had no risk for HIV from this. NONE. There are many things necessary for HIV to transmit. One of those is immediate and direct contact. That is to say that HIV+ body fluid must leaves someone's body and go directly and immediately into another person's body. You also need a good amount of the HIV+ body fluid. A couple drops of blood doesn't come close to that.

HIV simply can't live outside the human body. Even if there was HIV+ blood dripped on the table, what are the odds it would get on the cotton ball then push right on your prick spot? AND even if all that did happen, HIV would have died between the time it left the one person and supposedly come in contact with you. I can guarantee that.

Hope that helps!

Erik

Previous
Stressed!
Next
Am I infected after unprotected sex? "Acute HIV infection"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.