Risk during getting tested? "hiv in air, anxiety killing me pls help"

my problem is that i was having my hiv test in a lab, the physician used new syringe and cotton to clean my vein, then he injected and gave me second cotton just after removing the syringe to press my vein. my concern is that there were drops of blood on the table where he kept the second cotton before giving me. the drops of the blood could be of previous patient assuming the blood hiv+ and the physician kept the cotton on the blood and gave me. (1) can i be infected? (2) should i go for test? the difference between me and the previous customer was 1 minutes. some expert says it takes seconds to deactivate the hiv virus

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

You had no risk for HIV from this. NONE. There are many things necessary for HIV to transmit. One of those is immediate and direct contact. That is to say that HIV+ body fluid must leaves someone's body and go directly and immediately into another person's body. You also need a good amount of the HIV+ body fluid. A couple drops of blood doesn't come close to that.

HIV simply can't live outside the human body. Even if there was HIV+ blood dripped on the table, what are the odds it would get on the cotton ball then push right on your prick spot? AND even if all that did happen, HIV would have died between the time it left the one person and supposedly come in contact with you. I can guarantee that.

Hope that helps!

Erik

Stressed!
Am I infected after unprotected sex? "Acute HIV infection"