Pregnant and scared to test for HIV

Ok, so I am 6 weeks pregnant and trembling at the thought of finding out I am HIV positive. I tested back in May of 2010 and tested negative, but about a week after results I had a flu-like illness which consisted of SEVERE sore throat and night hacking coughs for two weeks. Went to the doctor who said it was just a virus, and said my ears were red too. Anyways, my exposure was with a man recently from Iraq who assured me he was negative, but whos to believe. I need some reassuring here. Ive also been suffering from BV and reaccurant yeast infections. Im freaking out and worrying myself sick because I knew this day would come.

Hi, I know the thought of getting tested is scary but the good thing we know is that if you are HIV positive, you can be placed on medications and the chances of your child being born with HIV become less than 1% without meds it is about a 25% chance.

At your next pre natal appointment I would recommend that you ask for an HIV test to give you peace of mind both if you have HIV or not and again if so get on medication to protect both yourself and your baby.

I hope this helps Be well and safe, Shannon

Open Wound in Really Really Crowded Area
Mutual Masturbation