What does it means
Feb 10, 2012
I just got the HIV test
HIV1/o/2 Abs-Index<1.00, what does it mean
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
"HIV1/o/2 Abs-Index<1.00" is how certain types of HIV testing report their results. HIV1/O/2 means that the test detects these different types of HIV. The normal (or "index") result (ie., HIV negative) is less than 1.00.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
- Can You Get Hiv From Having Blood Drawn?
- Can You Get Hiv Through Anal Sex?
- How Effective Is Pep If Taken 24 Hours After Exposure?
- Is It Bad If Your Sperm Gets Inside A Cut?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.