Infection or hypochondria?

About a month ago I had unprotected sex with someone a few times. Probably around 8, maybe more. The problem is that I cheated on my boyfriend with this guy, and due to the guilt I had convinced myself I was pregnant. Had all the symptoms ( nausea, abdominal pain, etc) well 5 tests later and a period I came to the conclusion that I probably am not pregnant. That started to raise concerns about other things, primarily HIV. A couple weeks ago I ready the symptoms of acute infection, and after that got swollen lymph nodes and a sore throat for one night only. I got over the worry, and two weeks later (now) worried I was pregnant AGAIN, another negative pregnancy test. Started worrying about HIV again. This time I got swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, joint aches. These symptoms were on and off. I would feel fine, then crappy, then fine. Most of the symptoms are gone except nausea and fatigue and I have also broken out in a weird rash on my stomache (another HIV symptom) and I am panicking. I seen a doctor and he told me my odds and figured it was a respiratory infection, this was before the rash appeared. I am getting tested 6 weeks after possible exposure and he said this will be enough time. What I'm wondering is if there is a good chance I have HIV. I am a female, sex was unprotected. Could I be making these symptoms up in my head? Or do I have cause to worry? I also suffer from anxiety and depression so I'm not sure if this helps and also have been under large amounts of stress over the past month or so. Please help, I can't function! I stress all day, everyday. Also I rarely ever get sick do this raises concern also

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You certainly placed yourself at risk by not using a condom for penetrative sex. I would say that since you got your period, you are not pregnant. An HIV test done at the three month mark will give you a conclusive answer.

Guilt can cause crippling anxiety. If your HIV test comes back negative, and you are still plagued by anxiety and fear, reason would stand that it is in your head and not based on actual risk.

Only you can decide the best course of action. Some people feel they need to tell their partners about the infidelity, others make a point to never step outside the relationship again, and some do both.

A little soul searching, and talking with a trusted friend may be just what the doctor ordered. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

desperate for an answer, anixty is all over me n it is killing me
mutual masturbation hiv risk