CONVINCED i have HIV, please help!

This all stemmed from a 3 minute oral session (msm) with a guy, no ejaculation. Wish i never did this, for all the pain and anxiety it's caused me.

To put it short, I had a 4th gen duo test at 3 weeks post exposure, negative. Another one at 6 weeks negative. I am still having 'Symptoms' nearly a year after exposure. These include tiny pin prick red dots (petchiae) 2 on each arm, and a very mildy irritated throat for nearly a year. Saw ENT today and they said my adenoids seem to be inflamed... which rang alarm bells because she said something about how they're related to the immune system.

What should I do? Retest? i went to my sexual health clinic the other week and they actually refused to retest me because they thought i was being silly in coming back. Is that even allowed? They state that a 6 week negative with a 4th gen duo is indefinitely conclusive. I don't know what to do anymore.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The title of your question is very telling. You have convinced yourself that you have HIV. Nothing anyone says will change your mind.

Oral sex has been, and remains a low-risk activity. I would not even recommend testing for incidences of oral sex. When it comes to testing, any HIV testing done outside of the three month window is considered conclusive. That is not going to change.

Have you considered the possibility that the anxiety you are experiencing has nothing to do with HIV? I would suggest talking with a counselor, therapist, or at the very least a trusted friend. Your risk was almost non-existent, and your HIV test proved that no infection occurred. Your inability to move past this situation tells me that there is something else at work here. For your sake, I hope you take some steps talk this out with someone who can help.

In health,

Richard

Symptoms in partners but negative antibody test (late hiv?)
desperate for an answer, anixty is all over me n it is killing me