Feb 10, 2012
A relative of mine who shook hands with a friend whom she did not know has been HIV positive for many years. Right after he shook hands he went to his bathroom and popped a pimple. There was a slight amount of blood from popping the pimple. Is she now at risk? Should she take anti viral drugs to prevent infection?
Response from Mr. Cordova
There is no risk from this situation at all. HIV is not transmitted this way. You CANNOT catch HIV from casual contact.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sore Throat Worried It Could Be HIV
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.