chafed skin on inner thigh
Feb 10, 2012
i had chafed skin on my inner thigh it was not bleeding but pretty raw.there was some kind of clear liquid in the flesh.just wondering if vaginal fluid came into contact with this area could it pose a problem for hiv.
Response from Ms. Southall
HI Thanks for the question. Only if the areas were open and bleeding and the vaginal fluid came from someone living with HIV and had high viral load.
From what you have described I do not believe this is a risk for transmission.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Shingles Scab Up Are They Still Contagious?
- What Triggers Shingles Outbreak?
- What If Antibiotics Did Not Clear Up My Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Gonorrhea?
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.