Have I put myself at risk - HIV?

I recently had protected oral and protected penetrative sex with a female prostitute.

I fingered her a number of times with no protection, and used my spit to lubricate my index and middle fingers. My fingers would have been wet/moist from her vaginal fluid and they would have come into direct immediate contact with my lips and tongue on two to three occasions while still wet. She also lightly fingered my anus but only just with her fingernail.

I had a slight cold/cough/sore throat for the week leading up to my interaction and I had two dry cuts on the cuticle of my index finger. I also had a cankersore on the tip of my tongue.

My sore throat has gotten dramatically worse immediately afterwards (i.e the next morning) and has been quite bad for the past three days. Seems to be very swollen glands. The main reason for my concern is the possible Acute HIV symptoms I have read about. (i.e. in the event that my pre-existing throat infection could have acted as a catalyst)

I am worried that my symptoms and the episode with the prostitute are linked.

Can you please let me know what risk I am at in relation to HIV based on the scenario above.

If not HIV, is there a chance I could have put myself at risk for an STD which would account for my current swollen glands?

Many thanks in advance for any comments/advice.

Hi, Hooray for condom use, this not only decreases your chances of of HIV but for other STD's. But you are correct that you put yourself at risk. So your best bet is to get an STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) screening which would include an HIV test. This can give you peace of mind.

Hope this helps, be well and stay safe, Shannon

Please help I'm so afraid
discrimination?