Re-sending Question on Mixed Couples

It's unfortunate that i didn't save my previous question which was more in depth. Hope you find the lost one in your emails.

I am a female HIV+ and dating a male whos HIV negative. My T-cells are above 900 and have always had undetectable viral load. Questions: 1) He is wondering if he can get HIV from me through French kissing, or deep mouth to mouth kissing? 2) Can we exchange fluids like water or wine putting it from my mouth to his? 3) If there is no HIV on Saliva, then why is Oral sure/Swab used to test HIV? 4) Is there a gum I can chew before we do kissing to protect him from HIV? 5) Since I am an Elite controller, if he happens to catch HIV from me, can he be in the same category or his would be different? Any other tips you can provide on protecting him would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Hi I'm sorry as well that it has disappeared into internet land! 1) You cannot get HIV from kissing, deep, french or just mouth to mouth. 2) You can exchange fluid mouth to mouth 3) The oral test is picking up from your mucous membranes HIV antibodies. It is a common misunderstanding that the test is testing saliva, but it is not. 4) No need to chew gum to prevent transmission, because again you cannot get HIV from kissing. 5) He would be infected with the strain of virus that you have, but the thing to remember is everyone's bodies are different in how they respond to virus and bacterias.

The one thing I will add in here about kissing, is to be aware of bleeding gums, cold sores and they would have to be active on both of you. So for instance if I have just had dental work done and my husband has a cold sore or chapped lips then we are just extra careful. Again not because of the saliva but of the blood, is transmission possible in this situation, yes, but probable no.

I'm in the same situation as you, my husband is negative. I'm on medication, my CD4 count is high and my viral load is undetectable. There are many studies coming out proving that undetectable viral loads reduce the risk transmission is dramatically reduced and almost vanishing. So keep up the good work with your medication adherence.

Thanks for your patience with the system and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Be well and stay safe!!! Shannon

Dry , crusty runny nose for a month and dry mouth problem, is it a early hiv symptom
hiv transmission through sebum