|please, and hi
Feb 5, 2012
hi, how long do i have to wait , to do a test of hiv,, because i had oral sex with somebody with no protecion and i had an herpes simple in that moment....
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi, Thanks for the question. We know that Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission, but that being said you having an active Herpes outbreak can increase those chances. My recommendation is that you get tested and the standards of rapid HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Percentage Of People Have Genital Herpes?
- What Percentage Of People Die From Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does A Herpes Outbreak On A Woman Look Like?
- What Do Herpes Outbreaks Look Like On The Body?
- What Can I Do For My Immune System To Keep From Getting Shingles Again?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.