female, unprotected sex risk

Hello Shannon I'm a age 23 female who 11 weeks ago had unprotected anal and later told him to put a condom on for vaginal sex with a man I did not know well, it was a one night stand kind of thing don't know his status, the penetration part lasted maybe 10-15mins. I took a rapid test at the 10 week period and it came out negative is this conclusive or do I need the 6 month period??? If so why the 6 month period?? Please help

Hi The standard for testing is rapid HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90 days. However, when someone has had a known exposure to someone with HIV or has a high risk exposure, performing a six month test, just to be extra cautious. Just a side note anal sex carries the highest risk of transmission. It's good to hear that you put a condom on, just remember for future sexual experience have those condoms near by and placed on before!!!

please help shannon
please, and hi