Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WHY I AM ONLY BEING CONSTANTLY IGNORED? PLEASE DO HELP ME
Feb 2, 2012

Dear Doctor,

I am writing for the seventh time and i am hopeful that i will get answer this time.My exposure was unprotected oral and protected vaginal sex with the SW on 16th November 2011.I do not know whether the condom broke t think it was intact i say this i finished outside as i took the condom off when she told me that she though that the condom broke.I immediately stop and pulled off.But the condom was intact and she took the condom off and gave me hand job to help me ejaculate outside.But i took unprotected oral.I took and did not gave her oral.

Since then i took ECLIA test on the very next day and then again at the completion of 9th week.Both tests came NON REACTIVE.Doctor please guide me what should i do, do i need take another test? The only symptom i am feeling is bowel movements it suddenly comes and goes away.Also i have neck pain also.I do not understand why?Please do help me and another question is even if suppose i did not use condom for penentrative sex (for which thankfully i did) a negative at 90 Days can be interpreted as HIV negative?

Regards

Response from Dr. Wohl

Yours is a question that has been asked in many forms and versions on this site but with a singular answer. You are HIV negative. Testing 9 weeks later is great as by that time antibodies against HIV would have formed had you been infected and the HIV test would detect these. DW

Previous
Antiviral-naive patient about to start medication in a study
Next
How do i do to tell my finance i'm HIV Positive

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.