Risk of transmission during laparoscopic splash in hiv positive pt

What is the risk for surgeon during laparoscopic splash.Recenly Iwas doing laparoscopy since my gogle was fogging so i removed it.After node rerieval had generalised splash .No iritation in eye was felt but still I washed eye even when no exposure felt.Should I take postexposure prophylaxis.

Can you tell me more about what you were splashed with? In most cases of exposure in a clinical setting, the patient is tested for HIV. Do you know the HIV status of the patient? Many experts would recommend PEP if there was blood splashed in the eye from a patient with known HIV and even if the HIV status of the patient was unknown. Splashes to the eyes are less likely to lead to transmission of HIV than a needle stick.

toilet backsplash while on period
alcholism and smoking