Truvada and preventing HIV vs Side effects

I was recently poked by the needle of a syringe full of blood, drugs, and most likely water. The syringe is about 8 months old and has been stored at room temperature. I am vaccinated for Hep and have a current tetanus shot. What are my chances of contracting HIV (saying the user is HIV positive)? Also, what do you know about taking truvada as a preventative measure for HIV? Do the side effects of truvada out way my risk or vise versa

It is very doubtful that 8 months later there would be any HIV left in the syringe. I am not sur though how this would not just be a big clot rather than blood.

As far as Truvada, it works best when taken BEFORE an exposure. Taking it after (e.g. PEP) is probably most helpful if taken soon (within hours of exposure). In cases of a concerning exposure, the risks of the drug taken for a limited time are less than the potential benefit of preventing HIV. DW

Was everything done right this time?
toilet backsplash while on period