im really scare

hi, hope you help me, im latino sorry for my english, but i just had oral sex with a girl , but i used condom to have vaginal sex with her... but my question is, if she is positive, can i get vih for licking her clitoris.. please reply im so scare

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- Oral sex is a very inefficient way to acquire HIV. The mouth does not contain the type of cells that HIV likes to infect. One study from Europe that followed couples where one person was HIV+ and the other HIV- failed to find a case of HIV transmission despite unprotected oral sex. If you remain worried, due to some circumstance, you can certainly get tested for HIV. By 4 weeks after the encounter, antibodies to HIV are detected by standard HIV tests. Please be aware that syphilis, herpes simplex virus, and gonorrhea can certainly be transmitted by oral sex.

Take care,

LHW

"HIV from deep rimming a HIV+ person"
So worried