Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

"HIV from deep rimming a HIV+ person"
Jan 31, 2012

I deep rimmed a HIV+ guy, meaning I put my tongue deep in his anus for several minutes and I may have had a small scratch in my gums, ever since then I have had sore glands under my armpit and now behind my knee. I also have developed an eyelid twitch - all these symptoms on one side of my body. I did get a PCR and antibody test two weeks after this possible exposure and they were both neg. My question is how likely is it that I get HIV in my mouth and that is what is causing sore glands and eye twitch? Do you think I am still in a window period since the test were done only two weeks from the encounter?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for the question,

RImming is not considered a risky activity for HIV. The reason is that the only HIV+ body fluid which could come out of someone's butt to infect you is blood. And blood isn't hanging out in sufficient quantities where your tongue can reach. Additionally, through your mouth really isn't a good way to contract HIV.

Add those together and there's no risk.

Your glands have swollen countless times throughout your life, so that's not a sign of something special.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
4 hiv tests wrong?
Next
im really scare

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.