Could you tell us your story?

Please could you tell us how you got infected and which symptoms you had shown during the first weeks? Of course if you feel comfortable. Thank you and sorry if you felt bad. I am only asking because I would like to learn from a person like you.

Hi I'm happy to share my story. I was infected by my fiance at the time. I found out he was cheating on me and I left him. About month after leaving I went in for routine annual exam and asked for an HIV test. I work in the medical field and was beginning work for a new employer and wanted to have a baseline if something were to happen. I got the call a week or so later to come in for results. This is when I was told, I called my then EX fiance to share with him my status and that he needed to be tested, this is when he told me he knew the whole time we were together was just hoping it wouldn't happen to me.

I never experienced any signs or symptoms. I'm sure I was infected in Nov or Dec and then received my test results in April.

Entering my 20th year of living with HIV, being on medications and receiving good medical care is one of the reasons I'm still here and putting up the fight and why I'm honored to part of The Body.com and able to share my experience and expertise that I have gained by working in the field.

Hope this helps and thank you for asking!

HIV test results affected by Hep vaccination? "I don't know"
Transmission risk