HIV test results affected by Hep vaccination? "I don't know"

I had unprotected sex in early to mid August. I had an HIV Elisa test done on September 6th and December 19th which came out negative. I also had an oraquick test done on January 17th which also came out negative. I was wondering if I am in the clear. Also, I had hepatitis immunizations which I was a teenager. I'm just being extra precautious. If I had the vaccination, is there a way I can still get hepatitis. Hypothetically if I have it (most likely not, not jaundice), will the HIV tests still be accurate? Personal facts-I'm in my early 20s, female, no known medical problems, 138 lbs. In December, had ultrasound and cat scan because of a really bad stomach bug...all they said was I had small kidney stones.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for the question,

Even with all the details you've provided, this really boils down to something simple: wait 3 months to get a HIV test. At 3 months the results are considered conclusive. Hepatitis vaccination has nothing to do with the results.

You waited 4-5 months, which is more than enough.

To answer your other question, you are immune to whichever Hepatitis you were fully vaccinated for. There are vaccines for Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Unprotected anal
Could you tell us your story?