Risk from various sexual contact "how can i get HIV?"

hi erik, more than 2 months ago i had protected vaginal sex, received unprotected fellatio, dry kissed her clitoris and shared food from the same plate (exchange of saliva was there) with a sex worker. my penis is circumcised. on 7th day it all started with eye lid edema and then all mono like symptoms that lasted for 40 days. i never had such illness in my life. what happened to me? hiv? regards.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Your risk for HIV sounds very low:

Protected vaginal sex = No risk Unprotected fellatio = Very low risk Dry kissing = No risk Sharing the same plate = No risk

Regular HIV/STD testing is recommended for all sexually active people. If you haven't been tested in awhile, now's probably the time to go anyway.

However, it sounds like something is going on with your body that feels out of the ordinary. It's important when this happens to seek the advice of a medical professional (there are many community resources out there if you don't have insurance). It's probably not at all related to HIV, but there are other diseases out that that deserve attention too.

Hope this helps!

Erik

HPTN 052 Study
backsplash toilet while peeing