Risk of STDs "Can it happen?"
Jan 31, 2012
Can my partner and I contract a VD even if neither one of us has one?
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for the question,
The short answer is no. STDs are called that for a good reason, they're sexually transmitted. However, the don't form out of nothing. You have to get that from someone else, it's like a game of hot potato.. Someone had to bring the potato to the game.
An exception would be something like Bacterial Vaginosis.
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Tremors From Shingles
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- Time Between Tingling And A Break Out With Herpes
- Is There A Test For Herpes At Home?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.