Handjob With Sores Risk
Jan 29, 2012
About a week and a half ago I foolishly received a handjob after a 30 minute massage. The masseuse came in out and out of the room a couple times to get a wash cloth. I did not notice any blood on her hands but I cannot be sure. When I arrived at home, I noticed that I had a a small open cyst at the base of my penis (where the penis meets the pelvis). The cyst was actually somewhat tucked under the skin (in the crease). While left alone the cyst did not bleed, but upon putting pressure as to "pop" it, some blood did come out. I am concerned that this could have been a point of entry for infection. I did not touch her at all.
The following night in bed, I started to feel my left gland swell. Since then (over the course of 10 days) I have had the following symptoms:
1. swollen glands that come and go. The pain radiates down my neck and into my ears (mostly on the left side though) 2. dry skin like eczema (which i have never gotten before) on the inside of both my elbows 3. one instance of diharreah (this could be attributed to nerves) 4. a couple muscle aches 5. a couple sores in my mouth of which one was really an ulcer, the others seem to be pimples under the skin
I do not think I had any fever although I did wake up last night feeling a little sweaty but that could have been because of my nerves and clothing.
I am very scared and fear the worst. It has been a total of 10 days since the incident occurred. Am I at risk of infection? Can ARS occur that soon and even within 10 days? I anxiously await your response.
Response from Dr. Wohl
This does not sound to me like an exposure that would transmit HIV, nor does ARS beging the next day. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- How Do Hiv Bumps Look?
- Statistics For Contracting Hiv First Time Having Sex With A Person
- Yeast Infection And Genital Warts
- Where Does Herpes Virus Originate?
- What Parts Of The Body Are Affected By Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.