HIV risk from blood draw during a test "Hiv non sexual transmission"

I know that my question seems a little bit, or more, unreasonable, but I kindly ask for an answer to ease my mind. 6 weeks ago I went for a routinely blood work. The results from my tests were ok, but since I never saw the lab tech open a new needle when she draw my blood I cannot help to wonder if that blood drawing posed any risk in aquiring HIV. My blood work was necessary because I am pregnant. After 4 weeks after the first blood draw, because of my anxiety, I went to the same lab to get an HIV antibody test. That time I looked carefuly if the needle was new and opened in front of me. The results of that HIV test was negative. Is there any chance that I could get HIV from my first blood draw? If you say there is no chance can you explain why not? Thank you in advance.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Believe it or not, you're not the first person to bring up this question. However, rest assured that there is no risk from the situation that you've described. Only professionals who have been trained and certified are able to perform HIV tests. At the beginning of the test they use a new instrument and at the end they dispose of it. In most cases it wouldn't even be possible to reuse the instrument (needle, etc.).

I hope this is comforting and helps your anxiety to go away. If not, it might help to talk to someone you trust.. whether that be a friend, family member, or counselor.

Hope this helps!

Erik

HIV risk from fingering and penis pushed up against anus "Fingering and such"
HIV risk from sexual contact with escort "Deeply depressed and paranoid, please help me out!!"