The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV risk from fingering and penis pushed up against anus "Fingering and such"

Jan 29, 2012

Hi Dr. Glenn I've just done something that I feel almost sick about. I met a guy online and after talking for awhile he came over my house and aside from making out we also had oral sex and he fingered me. He also put the tip of his penis against my anus a couple times. I think he went in a little for a second, but I told him not too and he didn't. Now I'm scared out of my mine that I'm going to get infected with HIV. I asked him before hand if he had it and he said no and he told me he was tested almost six months ago but I still feel horrible. What should I do? Also he didn't pre cum at any point of all of this happening.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

No need to feel sick or worried. It doesn't sound like you were at risk for HIV. Fingering poses no risk whatsoever. Likewise, his penis never went inside you. Because he didn't go inside you there wasn't any chance that his semen/pre-cum entered you. The only way that HIV can transmit is by getting inside your body. The outside of your anus is exactly that, outside.

It's great that you talked to him ahead of time about his status! In the future it helps to carry condoms around with you too, just in case a sex partner does want to go inside you.

Hope this helps!


HIV from dried (and washed) blood on clothing "Contact with infected blood"
HIV risk from blood draw during a test "Hiv non sexual transmission"

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint