Blood outside the body risk

I was hoping I could get some more great info! So here's my problem: my co-worker cut his hand and then touched a few tools in my work area (no pun intended). There were two drops of blood on the floor and "finger prints" of blood on a few things that I saw and probably and few things I didn't see. Now everyone says HIV can't live "for very long outside the body", but that is highly un-settling, 1 hour? 2 hours? 1 day? 1 week? I inspected my hands, no cuts, I may have itched my head though. What's my risk here? Basically, I may have touched infected blood with my hands within 15 minutes of it being exposed to the air, but it was a thin coating (remember a fingerprint or drop.) Thank you sincerely for your help! I anxiously await your response!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

It is true. HIV does not live well outside of the body. In a situation like this, the virus would start to die within a minutes times, leaving it incapable of infecting someone.

In health,

Richard

Need some questions answered about HIV
HIV from dried (and washed) blood on clothing "Contact with infected blood"